Over a century of history
Since 1890, the Tessari family has been making wine at its La CAPPUCCINA estate at Costalunga di Monteforte d’Alpone, in the Soave d.o.c. wine zone to the east of Verona – the romantic town of Romeo and Juliet – little more than an hour’s drive from Venice. The property takes its name from the tastefully restored 16th century chapel, annexed to Villa BuriTessari – where Capuchin friars once worshipped – that is the property’s most striking architectural feature and whose silhouette is now the company’s logo. On the ninety-four acres of vineyards the vines grow lush amongst black lavic basalt rocks on the ninety-five acres of vineyards and the fine wines of La CAPPUCCINA slowly mature.