"Organic since a long time. Biodynamic in the heart. We are for Biodiversity, Eco-Sustainability and Environmental Protection: we are for a positive farming that protects our territory and makes it alive as our wines"Values
Vineyards and Olive-groves
The estate is surrounded by its about 42 hectars (105 acres) of vineyards, divided in several plots: “località San Brizio” and “Monte Stelle” in Costalunga and “località Pergola” in Montecchia, in the Alpone’s Valley.
- Total vineyards: 105 acres.
- Single vineyards: San Brizio, Monte Stelle, Fontègo, Campo Buri and Villa Buri L.T..
- Location: Veneto, Verona East, Latitude 45°27’14’’N Longitude 11°18’14’’E
- Altitude: at 100-200 m. (260-650 ft.) above sea level, with south-easterly exposure.
- Soil: lavic basalt of volcanic origin and rich of microelements (P, K, Ca, Fe, Mn, Zn).
- Training system: modified “pergola veronese” and guyot.
- Plant density: from 3,500 vines per hectare (1,012/acre) to 5,400 vines/hectare (2185/acre).
- Yield: from around 70 hl per hectare (620 gallons/acre) to 45 hl per hectare (400 gallons/acre).
- White grapes: Garganega, Trebbiano di Soave and Sauvignon.
- Red grapes: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Carménère and Oseleta.
- Age of the vines: from 20-30 to over 40 years.
- The Olive-grove is of 3 hectars (8 acres) and is located in Castelvetrano of Trapani in Sicily.
- Variety: Nocellara del Belice, Biancolilla and Cerasuola.